INnovative educaTion foR
In Life sCiences
At many Life Science universities in their research degree programmes the development of entrepreneurial competencies is currently not well integrated into the mainstream curriculum at the Bachelor and Master levels. The design of curricular interventions, teachers’ pedagogical methods and assessment criteria for the delivery of sustainable entrepreneurial teaching are underdeveloped.
As a result a significant latent potential of students’ entrepreneurial innate skills remains untapped.
Supporting the development of the entrepreneurial potential of students is of special relevance to Life Science Universities whose priorities are for a “smart, sustainable and inclusive” development and utilisation of bio-renewable resources, the sustainable management of the natural resources, the need for food and nutritional security and safety, the enhancement of the economic viability of the food and non-food value chains, and the reduction of poverty – all necessary efforts in order to achieve the delivery of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
Therefore INTRINSIC aims to empower Life Science University teachers to develop their students' Sustainable Entrepreneurship Competencies so as to prepare their graduates to be being effective entrepreneurs and leaders to address the challenges of Europe`s future sustainable prosperity.
INTRINSIC will deliver five innovative intellectual outputs (O1 to O5) see also RESOURCES.
The project team consists of 9 partners working towards the establishment of sustainable enterpreneurship education at European Life Science Universities.
1. University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, BOKU (Coordinator)
2. Agricultural University Athens, AUA
3. Universitatea de Stiinte Agricole si Medicina Veterinara a Banatului "Regele Mihai I al Romaniei" din Timisoara, BUAS
4. University of Ghent, UGent
5. University of Helsinki, UH
6. The Association for European Life Science Universities, ICA
7. University of Teramo, UNITE
8.Wageningen University, WU
9. University of Zagreb, UNIZG
MEETINGS & CONFERENCES
Six transnational project meetings and one final international conference will be organized by INTRINSIC.
1. TPM 19-20.11.2018 Vienna, Kick-Off Meeting, organized by BOKU
2. TPM 16.05.-17.05.2019 Leuven, organized by WU
3. TPM 03.12.-5.12.2019 in Ghent, organized by UGent
4.TPM planned for Jul 2020 in Teramo, organized by UnITE
5.TPM planned for Nov 2020 in Helsinki, organized by UH
6.TPM planned for Jul 2021 in Vienna, organized by BOKU
Final multiplier event and international conference in Vienna, Jul 2021, organized by ICA
Visit our Webinar page HERE!