INTRINSIC @ ICA-Edu Colloquium 2018 15.05.-16.05.2019
INRINSIC was presented the first time to a wider international expert community at the ICA Edu meeting "Let the entrepreneurial genie out of the bottle! how will we stimulate the nascent entrepreneurial skills of our students?" on Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 May 2019 at Leuven Institute for Ireland in Europe, Leuven, Belgium. You can find all presentations of the meeting HERE!
The new generation of life sciences graduates are expected to show creativity, resilience, proactiveness and risk-taking while being able to recognise business opportunities: in short to exhibit entrepreneurship competencies. Whereas traditionally entrepreneurship education was the domain of business schools to stimulate new venture creation, entrepreneurship education has become more and more a university wide approach, focussing on the development of an entrepreneurial mind-set and entrepreneurial competence among staff and hence the students. The entrepreneurial development of our students is increasingly dependent on the entrepreneurial experience gained throughout the whole life science curriculum. The goal of this Colloquium is to share views, experiences and practises on how to stimulate the nascent entrepreneurship competencies in curricular as well as extra-curricular activities in the Life sciences.
Colloquium themes The aim of the ICA-EDU Colloquium 2019 is centred on three theme questions:
- What do I see as my challenge in stimulating nascent entrepreneurial skills?
- What entrepreneurial learning outcomes do I want to achieve?
- What are (cutting edge) entrepreneurial learning activities and how do I assess them?
Expected Colloquium Outcomes
- Increased awareness about the relevance and cutting edge learning practices in entrepreneurship education
- Overview of exemplary learning outcomes that can be achieved by life sciences students through entrepreneurship education
- Inspiring and concrete examples for integrating entrepreneurship education into new or existing courses and curricula, curricular and extra-curricular;
- Overview of existing chall